SELEX Sistemi Integrati - SSI (IT)
Description of organisation
SELEX Sistemi Integrati SpA (SELEX SI), a Company of the FINMECCANICA Group, is the Italian leading Company which manufactures military systems (Radars, Command and Control Systems, Mission Planning Systems, Simulation and Training Systems, Message Handling Systems), Air Traffic Management Systems, Logistic Information Systems and Homeland Protection & Security systems.
SELEX SI Italy counts about 3,500 employees, including: the Corporate Department (Head Office), the Engineering Department and three Business Units: Defence Systems, Civilian Systems and Large Systems. In July 2010 SELEX SI has incorporated the Defence and Environment Division of Elsag Datamat.
Based upon over 45 years as prime systems contractor world-wide, the mission of the Company is to provide:
- quality products, systems integration and supply of turn-key systems in the areas of surveillance, command & control and mission critical systems
- high level of expertise through engineering capabilities and involving state-of-the-art electronic technologies and software development
- continuous process improvement and after sale support, for problem solving and full customer satisfaction world-wide.
The main capabilities/ facilities available in the Company with regard to ACRIMAS are:
- S/W Development & Integration
- Integration & Validation Facilities
- Prototypes Manufacturing
- Research and Advanced Technology Centre
- Information technology
The main products developed, with regard to ACRIMAS, are:
- Command and Control and Decision Support Systems for Crisis/Emergency Management.
Research and Development
SELEX SI is involved in national and European Research and Technology activities both in the civilian (EC FP) as well as in the military domain, with special attention to Advanced Information Processing Techniques, Human Computer Interaction, Telecommunications, Decision Support Systems and Software Engineering.
Main tasks attributed
WP4 Ă˘â‚¬Ĺ“gap analysisĂ˘â‚¬Âť leadership.
Previous experience relevant to the tasks
SELEX SI has a strong experience in Crisis Management deriving from its participation to R&D projects in FP5 (FORMIDABLE, EGERIS), FP6 (ORCHESTRA, OASIS, DEWS, CHORIST), PASR (CITRINE) and FP7 (EULER, SICMA) and from the development of specific products for planning and coordinating Search and Rescue Operations (SAROMS) and for supporting medical teams (MED-LOG).
Some of these experiences belong to that part of SELEX formerly part of Datamat or Elsag Datamat.